Last time I've written about good ways to learn Haskell, now I'd like to present why should you tackle this language.
- Its purely functional. If you have no idea what that means you can visit wiki or this page. Some most notable characteristics are :
- recursion is used instead of loops,
- everything you can do with some data can also be done with functions (you can say that functions are 'first class') - this is pretty awesome,
- 'side-effects' are very visible (something I'd like when working with OpenGL),
- based on Lambda Calculus (explanations of the last two you could find here),
I've promised some Haskell-exercises and I shall post some in the near future.